Sunday, December 30, 2012

Goodbye 2012

I find it interesting how many of my friends can't wait for 2012 to be over and 2013 to start. I have to admit that I do not really want this year to end. I have had an amazing year. We woke up in our brand new house for the first time on January 1, 2012. One month later I started a new job (so in love with my company and my job but that will have to be a post for another day). A month later we had the most amazing wedding with friends and family all around us to celebrate. Our action packed honeymoon in Costa Rica was a blast and we even had time to relax. In June we added Maggie Moose to the family (I'll do a post on her one of these days) and since then we've taken some great trips and made lots of memories.

While I am looking forward to everything that will happen in 2013 I am sad to see 2012 end. I tried to do monthly goals for 2012 and while I didn't do everything I completed most of my goals.

January: Get the house unpacked and settled (still putting up pictures and slowly doing some DIY projects)
February: Run the Rock and Roll half marathon (Done)
March: Love my wedding and new marriage (DONE!!!!)
April: Plant, and try not to kill, some flowers for spring (We've had a bamboo since April and only a few stalks have dies)
May: Try boxing (didn't do this but started running and doing boot camp more)
June: Complete a personal goal I have wanted to do for a while (details to come later) (We got Maggie!!!)
July: Reconnect with 5 friends that I have lost touch with over the years (I was bad about this but did take time with people around me)
August: Spend lots of time at the pool/beach relaxing (This I didn't do but I spent lots of time outside walking the dog)
September: Complete 3 Pinterest projects (I have done half a dozen or so pinterest projects in 2012)
October: Keep up with sleep during a busy work month (I survived)
November: Volunteer for an organization I have never worked with (Didn't do this :-( )
December: Read 2 classic books (I love reading on my kindle app on the iphone and now my ipad and I have been reading a lot)


Tomorrow I'm going to write out my goals for 2013 and put them out there so that all of you can keep me accountable. What are your goals/resolutions for 2013?


No comments:

Post a Comment