Thursday, May 24, 2012

Exciting food allergy update!!!

Last night I ate pistachio ice cream! As I sit here I feel like that could be the entire post alone but let me explain. Recently found a new allergist (didn't like the old one, this one is so much better), and he did a new round of tests since it's been 2 years since my last food allergy test. Results are in. Treenuts (other than almonds) are back in the diet. Peanuts are still under the not a chance category :-(. As for almonds, somewhere along the way my blood test for almonds didn't happen so now we have to re-do that to find out about almonds. The doctor was great and said that if the blood test comes back negative I can do an oral challenge!

So last night I ate pistachio ice cream. I used to love it as a kid so I couldn't resist last night at the grocery store. My first few bits I was incredibly nervous, but I was safe! It tasted great and now I'm excited to have walnuts again.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment