Monday, April 4, 2011

Gluten free baseball...needs work

Baseball season is back and I am so excited! Ever since my mom took me to my first basball game (Colorado Rockies) I have been a fan. She taught me all the rules of the game and helped me learn the players stats and numbers. I am a proud owner of the entire original Rockies roster in cards. The other things baseball taught me to love was pretzels with cheese. This has always been by far my favorite ballpark snack.

Fast forward to last week as I made sure my Rays attire was prepared for Friday's opening game. While I will always root for the Rockies, the Tampa Bay Rays have been my team since coming to college in Florida. Since gluten is not currently part of my diet I was a tiny bit upset that I wouldn't be able to have a pretzel during the game. Then it was announced that the Tropicana Field would have a gluten free food stand that would include options such as...........drum roll please..........PRETZELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday came and I practically ran into the stadium to get that food. I was so excited until.........

...there were no pretzels, didn't even have beer. My only options were cider, and dogs. While they did have gluten free buns for the hot dogs I was just over it so I didn't get one. The menu board was half empty so I can only hope that the stand is not complete.

Hopefully I can have my pretzel at the next game I attend.


Let's Go Rays!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie, here's the pretzel recipe I submitted to Pamela's Products a few years ago

    http://www.pamelasproducts.com/recipes/printrecipes/printpretzeltwists.html

    Hope that cures your fix!

    ReplyDelete