Monday, April 1, 2013

#12: Spartan Challenge

Crushed it...

Friday night was the Spartan Challenge held by Bay View Boot Camp and I HAD to participate. Well, I wasn't forced to by anyone but I own crazy self. Here's what the challenge consists of:

100 Jump Squats
200 Push Ups
300 Sit ups
400 Burpees


This is a burpee



You have to complete the 100 jump squats before you can start the push ups, and so on from there. There is a 500 version where you do half of everything. The first time I did this I chose to only do half, that way I knew I could finish. After that I was sure that a full 1000 wouldn't be the end of the world.

Last fall I completed my first Spartan 1000 challenge. Here's the catch, in order to get the t-shirt you have to do it twice, so now when it was announced that there would be another challenge, I HAD to participate so that I could get my shirt. Yes, I am one of those people that will do things for a shirt or a medal.

The other part of this was my goal of finishing in 1 hour and 15 minutes or less. When we were about to start on Friday night, my friend and I realized we had the same goal! We started out steady and she totally powered through the sit ups like a champ! I was able to catch back up on the burpees by just ignoring everything and doing them as fast as I could. We finished together at 1 hour and 10 minutes!

I am pretty sure I wouldn't have made my goal time if it wasn't for her encouragement. I am so glad I have my shirt and my abs are still feeling it.

5 comments:

  1. Wow this is awesome. I need to start doing some of these with all the food I eat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always do this at home with a friend!

      Delete
  2. Congrats Katie!! You did AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent!! Great job! Sounds like a CrossFit workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! 400 burpees is NO JOKE!

    ReplyDelete