Monday, January 27, 2014

5 day juice cleanse- a 1 time thing for me

A little over a week ago I finished a 5 day juice cleanse, that will be a 1 time thing only for me. I would consider a few days if I needed to reset my stomach but 5 days while trying to maintain a level of pleasant interaction is not going to happen. That being said I don't think I was mean or unpleasant save for day 2 morning when I first woke up. Day 2 was by far the hardest for me. The caffeine withdrawl, sugar low, lack of sleep and need to function like a human hit me hard all at once. I do drink coffee daily and I think that is why I turned into a zombie.

So it wasn't actually as bad as I'm making it sound. I didn't have to d any of the juicing, bottling or cleaning thanks to Squeeze here in St. Pete. I am no paid by them or given juices to say any of this but they do have some seriously good juice. That made all of this so much easier. There were a few "flavors" that were not my favorite but I can be picky sometimes so that is just me.

Overall here are the benefits I notices from juicing:
  • Not as hungry as I thought
  • Surprisingly energetic (other than day 2)
  • Much less bloated and puffy feeling
  • No stomach pain (this is a big deal for my stomach history)
  • Slept amazing and fell asleep easily
  • Lost a few pounds (this wasn't the point of the cleanse but a bonus for sure)
I did have to supplement my juice with some lean protein each day in order to keep up with my running schedule but I was careful to add clean foods only. 

I'd been wanting to do this for a while and I'm glad I finally did it. I will continue to drink juices but not to quite this level again.

No comments:

Post a Comment